RAM Consultancy’s Procedure
Independent expert witnesses are often used to provide evidence to a judge presiding over dispute claims between building owners, main contractors and roof sub-contractors.
RAM’s highly qualified and expert consultants are ideally placed to provide expert witness evidence in these situations. In fact, a number of our consultants have already acted as expert witness in some high profile disputes.
In preparing their report, our consultants recognise their over-riding responsibility to the court and produce accurate, authoritative and concise reports. Consultants are careful in restricting their report to provide true and completed professional opinions only on the specific issues sought.
RAM Consultants have prepared and assisted in preparation of many expert reports including the following Legal proceedings;
- Dai-Ichi Life Property – Plaintiff v Defendant
- Boots the Chemists v Postel Properties LTD
- Legal & General v Broderick Structures
- Motorola v Sir Robert McAlpine Construction Ltd
- Hampton House Furniture Ltd v A B Connectors Ltd
- Provide expert services to parties involved in adjudication.
- Respond quickly and flexibly to meet the particular challenges and timescales demanded.
- Provide highly focussed reports on the core technical issues, within the constraints imposed by the nature of the adjudication process.
- Bringing constuction and legal expertise to the dispute.
- Available for Ad hoc and Institutional appointments.
- Systematic independent expert investigation of building defects.
- Independent advice about the precise nature of building defects and the appropriate remedies.
- Presentation of our analysis in a manner suited to formal dispute resolution procedures, where necessary.
- Cooperation with other consultants where appropriate.
- Consultancy on remedial works.
- Expert witnesses with experience of multi-disciplinary projects ranging from major government and commercial buildings to individual residences.
- Experience of giving oral evidence and being cross examined.
- Particular expertise on issues of design, technical performance, defects in construction ad workmanship, construction quality, design obligations, differing site conditions, contract interpretation and the performance by parties of their contractual obligations.